[SIPForum-discussion] What are the uses of P-Preferred-Identity??

Sakharam Thorat sakharam.thorat at outlook.com
Wed Aug 19 07:36:29 UTC 2015

Hi ,
It is explained here https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5876#page-4.
while reading i found below may be helpful,P-Preferred-Identity header, is the one in which the calling user can indicate one of its publicuser identities. This is the identity that he wants to be used for the call.P-Asserted-Identity header, is the one in which the authorised identity of the user will be transported.So, to explain the use lets consider an example:A UE sends an INVITE to the P-CSCF as follows:INVITE sip:abhishek at network.in SIP/2.0From: "Abhishek" <sip:abhishek at network.in>;tag=12345P-Preferred-Identity: <sip:abhishek at network.in>

Best Regards,Sakharam Thorat.From: psyam545 at gmail.com