[SIPForum-discussion] SIP signalling during voice mail in IMS domain

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 14:41:49 UTC 2014

There could be a number of implementations.  Likely, there would be no ringing as the network would know that the phone was offline. I would expect that the call would be directed to the voice mail system and the SDP of the voice mail system would be delivered in a 183 or it could be a 200 ok. The 200 OK would be used to ensure the INVITE transaction does not expire while collecting the voice mail. A 180 would be unlikely as this implies that the called party is available. Note, if the voice mail system does not support VoLTE codecs a transcoder might be inserted which would be transparent to the caller, other than the IP of the media would not be the voicemail system.

Sent from my iPad