[SIPForum-discussion] Why ACK is different trnsaction..

nitin jain nitincs2006 at gmail.com
Sun May 11 18:12:56 UTC 2014

Hello Team,
I am struggling to understand below mentioned mechanism/considerations-

1. Why ACK for 200 OK is a new transaction ?
     -If we say because of TU & transaction layer isolation then it is
matter of design; it could be designed in any other way also, Why it is
mandatory to do in this way ?
-RFC says because TU/core alone take responsibility to transmit it- What
does it mean ? when it will be retransmitted ?
-How UAS alone can take responsibility to deliver 200 OK ?

2. Why ACK is not different transaction for Non-200 Ok response ? How it is
different from ACK for 200 OK ? if it is going hop-by-hop so what is the
matter here that it is treated differently ?

I have gone through various blogs & documents but could get the clarity.

Any help will be highly appreciable...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Nitin Jain