[SIPForum-discussion] Multiple equivalent P-CSCF discovery issues

Michael Zhang michael.gd.zhang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:22:34 UTC 2014

The DNS procedures for a stateful proxy is specified in RFC3263. But the
RFC only states proxy should not change target within a SIP transaction. In
your case, the new REGISTER starts a new transaction so SBC can forward the
request to a different P-CSCF if the TTL of previous DNS rr expires. But
the window for this to happen is pretty small.

Thanks,
-Michael