[SIPForum-discussion] RTCP Call Quality Monitoring

Gast, Jim jim.gast at tdstelecom.com
Wed Jun 4 15:17:52 UTC 2014

Hi, Jorge –

Re:

Make sure your media server supports RTCP/XR (RFC-3611 at http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3611).  Those are the Extended Reporting packets that contain information like the number of packets, the number of lost packets and (see http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-qoe-17) the MOS score.  Look at the Statistics Summary Report Block for jitter information, too.  Use Wireshark to see what is available from your media server.  See also RFC-6792, http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6792.

Cheers,

/ Jim