[SIPForum-discussion] Forcing Re-Registration

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 3 15:42:00 UTC 2014

I'm not an IMS expert, but IIUC in IMS they may forcibly unregister an
endpoint prior to registration expiration. The endpoints know this can
happen, and depend upon a reg event subscription to notify them that
this has happened. Then they can attempt to re-register.

I think they do this because keeping the registration interval short is
costly on battery life and radio usage.

	Thanks,
	Paul