[SIPForum-discussion] ACK was not receiced by B

Ferris Salvador sferris at prosodie.es
Fri Dec 12 10:10:24 UTC 2014

Hi
Any device before B can drop an ACK packet (like P proxy), so as all people said previously, the uas B will resend 200-OK at 0,5s (T1), 1s, 2s, 4s, 4s ... until 32 seconds (T64). It is assumed there is no problem about losing a packet, simply solve the bottleneck.
If the loss of the ACK packet occurs always, perhaps it's a misconfiguration issue at B side and becouse of that I recomend you to check the "contact" header at the 200-OK/INV packet.
The uac A sends ACK paquet to the IP address value in the "Contact" header of the 200/OK sent by B.
If the B IP address is the same in the Contact header mentioned as in the first INVITE message, there is no reason to think of a routing problem. Otherwise, it could be a routing or firewall isue.

Regards,

Salvador FERRIS FERRAGUD
Ingenieria de red
PROSODIE IBERICA