[SIPForum-discussion] Fwd: Phantom Calls on ATA

Sebastian Hauret seba.hauret at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 12:08:59 UTC 2013

Hi Antoniela,
ATAs need some way to recognise that the caller has cut off. Otherwise, the
call will be ringing at extensions until someone pick up the call.
There are different ways to do that:
--polarity reversal (Depends of the telephony provider)
--CPC (Depends of the telephony provider)
--Call progress tones (
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/inr/forms/files/tones-0203.pdf)

Regards