[SIPForum-discussion] Response time for reliable and unreliable Provisional responses

Murali Natesh murali87ece at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 16:19:21 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

Please help me to clear my doubts for the below behaviour.

*1*.UAC/Proxy Sent a INVITE ,UAS replies with 183 Session Progress with SDP
.
Now
what would be the Time which the UAC/Proxy has to wait for the Final
Response 200 Ok or Error Response (4xx,5xx)  ?

or

*2*.Is Proxy/UAC dependent on  User HangUp ( on UAC side) to send a CANCEL
after 30 to 45 seconds.

In RFC 3261 its mentioned as "*For an INVITE transaction, if the response
is a provisional
response with status codes 101 to 199 inclusive (i.e., anything
but 100), the proxy MUST reset timer C for that client
transaction. The timer MAY be reset to a different value, but
this value MUST be greater than 3 minutes*".

or
3.UAS should send frequent provisional response to UAC till the final
response to keep the session alive?

4.Is there any timers defined for reliable and unreliable Provisional

*--
Thanks and Regards
Murali
*