[SIPForum-discussion] P-ANI

Karan Thakur karan18.thakur at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 17:59:45 UTC 2013

Hi Surya

>From what i understand of this header, there should be only one P-ANI
header in a Request or response message from UA.
RFC 3455 does no where explicitly mentions that UA "MUST" send one or more
than one P-ANI Header.
And there can only be one "access-net-spec" value in P-ANI Header
P-Access-Network-Info = "P-Access-Network-Info" HCOLON access-net-spec
Also if we go through the usage and applicability of this header, Single
P-ANI is sufficient enough to provide the required information about the UA
access network information to proxy or Registrar (users of this
information).

So sending multiple P-ANI headers will create ambiguity and also not
practical because a UA could be using only one particular access type
service at a time.

Also if we refer 3gpp 24.229 no where it also states about having multiple
P-ANI headers
But yes in section  7.2A.4, 3GPP proposes to have multiple
"access-net-spec" values in one header separated  by comma which is
equivalent to having P-ANI headers with different values.
P-Access-Network-Info = 'P-Access-Network-Info' HCOLON access-net-spec
*(COMMA access-net-spec)

I hope my reply helps you somewhat.

Regards
Karan