[SIPForum-discussion] in REGISTER method can we use Tel URI?

chandrasekhara.madduri at wipro.com chandrasekhara.madduri at wipro.com
Tue May 28 15:19:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

But section 10.2.1 says the following...

 The Contact header field values of the request typically consist of
   SIP or SIPS URIs that identify particular SIP endpoints (for example,
   "sip:carol at cube2214a.chicago.com"), but they MAY use any URI scheme.
   A SIP UA can choose to register telephone numbers (with the tel URL,
   RFC 2806<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2806> [9<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#ref-9>]) or email addresses (with a mailto URL, RFC 2368<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2368> [32<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261#ref-32>])
   as Contacts for an address-of-record, for example.

Whích means we have an option to use the tel uri for registering.

Thanks & regards,

Chandra Madduri