[SIPForum-discussion] Query regarding SIP 183 Session Progress

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Tue May 21 14:54:48 UTC 2013

That is incorrect. B must not send Require: 100rel unless 100rel in Supported or
Require header of INVITE. Per 3262.
Although the first paragraph seems to say that Supported: 100rel is a must, the
other two imply that Require: 100rel means supported as well.

   A UAS MAY send any non-100 provisional response to INVITE reliably,    so
long as the initial INVITE request (the request whose provisional    response is
being sent reliably) contained a Supported header field    with the option tag
100rel.

If the request did not include either a Supported or Require header    field
indicating this feature, the UAS MUST NOT send the provisional    response
reliably.

   The UAS MUST send any non-100 provisional response reliably if the    initial
request contained a Require header field with the option tag    100rel.

Stephen James
sjames_1958 at yahoo.com

We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any
nobility must be earned.