[SIPForum-discussion] Query regarding SIP 183 Session Progress

Partha Ray jubu.partha at gmail.com
Thu May 16 15:44:11 UTC 2013

Hi Nikash,

Ans for first part:  Basically 'supported' is used by either side
to declare their capability. It is not mandatory but always a good practice
if the B party (in your case includes it). *And if it supports precondition
too, but does not want to use it for this session, does it need to specify
that in the supported header?  Ans: If a user doesn't want to use this
capability for a session , you need to configure the entity for that not to
include** supported header. You can't make it per session basis. This is a
global setting for all entities.(Either for all session or not
 supported at all). You can't have combination of both at the same time.*
*
*
Ans for second part: Yes callee can do it if configured accordingly. Infact
it is the best practice to include it if supported(declaring your
capability).  Callee can send 'required': in any subsequent provisional
response. (18X).

BR,
Partha