[SIPForum-discussion] call-id and cseq relation -> rfc 3261 clarification help required

SAKCA, HALIT (HALIT) halit.sakca at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Mar 28 11:28:25 UTC 2013

Dear All,

Could you please help me to figure out following scenario and RFC 3261 statement?
A sip call with auth;
1.      Agcf -> INVITE  -> scscf
2.      Agcf <- 407  <- scscf
3.      Agcf -> INVITE  -> scscf
.
.
.

The INVITE in 3rd has a different call-id than the INVITE in 1st,
I see in RFC that;

RFC 3261 clause 22.2 states (at the end of the clause):

   When a UAC resubmits a request with its credentials after receiving a
   401 (Unauthorized) or 407 (Proxy Authentication Required) response,
   it MUST increment the CSeq header field value as it would normally
   when sending an updated request.

Does 'Incrementing Cseq' basically means that the CallID remains the same?
I am wondering if it is only in case the UAC RESUBMITS a request.
In request above we don't resubmit so we don't have to follow this rule.
The UAC is not obliged to resubmit.

Am I correct?

Regards,
Halit