[SIPForum-discussion] Getting frame/ethernet header information from a UDP/RTP packet.

John Downing john at trainingcity.com
Sun Mar 17 22:23:13 UTC 2013

A simple Wireshark capture is the way to go.  I will be running a lab on
this next week as part of my TrainingCity VoIP Hands ON Workshop live
virtual class.  If you or anyone else wants to see how to do it just let me
know and you can join the gotomeeting session for a few minutes when we get
the lab started.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Badri Ranganathan <badri at arcatech.com>wrote:

> Hi all,****
>
> ** **
>
> Does anyone know any system call to fetch Frame header from a RTP packet?*
> ***
>
> A RTP packet consists of the following headers –****
>
> Frame****
>
> Ethernet****
>
> IP****
>
> UDP****
>
> RTP****
>
> ** **
>
> However, the frame/Ethernet/ip information are left behind by the kernel(
> I believe) and when I do a recvfrom, I can see only the RTP data. I wish to
> capture the ‘time’ from Frame header when the packet arrives.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,****
>
> Badri.****