[SIPForum-discussion] 300 Multiple choices & 302 Redirect

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Mar 6 19:15:03 UTC 2013

6 mar 2013 kl. 04:56 skrev Vijay Tiwari <vijay11tiwari at gmail.com>:

> Hello Rajendran
>
> In 300 Multiple response, you will find the multiple Contact header fields, which indicate that the location service has returned multiple possible locations for the sip or sips URI in the Request-URI.
And the user should select one to use.
From RFC 3261:
"The address in the request resolved to several choices, each with its
   own specific location, and the user (or UA) can select a preferred
   communication end point and redirect its request to that location."

> But in 302 Moved Temporarily response you will find one sip or sips URI in contact hearder fields.
That's not correct. A 302 can have multiple contacts too. All of these should be tried. If they have different Q values,
a serial fork may be used.

"The requesting client SHOULD retry the request at the new address(es)
   given by the Contact header field "

Cisco has a good paper on multiple contacts in 302 here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/pgw/9/feature/module/9.5_2_/FMmltIPs.html#wp1018968

/O