[SIPForum-discussion] Sdp attribute for Call hold

Keyur Amin fossil0681 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 16:25:34 UTC 2013

Hi Ankur,

a=sendonly is the correct way. Here is some text from the rfc.

5.1 Unicast Streams If the offerer wishes to only send media on a stream to its peer, it MUST mark the stream as sendonly with the "a=sendonly" attribute.  We refer to a stream as being marked with a certain direction if a direction attribute was present as either a media stream attribute or a session attribute.  If the offerer wishes to only receive media from its peer, it MUST mark the stream as recvonly.  If the offerer wishes to communicate, but wishes to neither send nor receive media at this time, it MUST mark the stream with an "a=inactive" attribute.

Thanks,
Keyur Amin