[SIPForum-discussion] Example of SIP Registration with multiple contacts

Karan Thakur karan18.thakur at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 10:33:30 UTC 2013

So we have multiple devices and out of those multiple devices one device
registers all others.
That means all the devices will have same AOR but different contacts and
each device will share its contact (IP/Port) with this master device.
And then this master device will send a single register request with
multiple different contacts to Registrar.
Hmmm...convincing enough. Eg could be IP_PBX extension board in
organizations.
Also agreed on the other thing you mentioned that if i am using gmail on
phone as well as on laptop and on tab, the register from any device will
always contain AOR mapped to only one contact( that of device sending the
request).

But if you come across any another real time scenario/device which sends
multiple contacts mapped to one AOR from one device, please do let me know.