[SIPForum-discussion] Example of SIP Registration with multiple contacts

Karan Thakur karan18.thakur at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 10:20:39 UTC 2013

Hi Pushpa

Thanks for respone.
Indeed it will be a intriguing to understand such scenario.
But the scenario you mentioned above will have 181 Forwarding involved.( I
Believe)

--> Invite (For desk phone)
<-- 180 Ringing
<-- 181 forwarded (will contact Cell phone contact) // But remember there
will be only 1 contact.
          ----> Invite to cellphone

or another scenario could be possible
--> Invite to User
<--- 3xx (with multiple contacts. It could be possible that One AOR is
mapped to multiple contacts)
   ----> Invite to Contact1: AOR
       -----------> Invite to Contact2: AOR
depending upon type of forking used (Sequential or Parallel.)

But my query is for Registration case. Just want to know some real time
scenario where a device can send multiple contacts for same AOR.