[SIPForum-discussion] Record-Route

madhumanjusha at integramicro.com madhumanjusha at integramicro.com
Thu Jan 31 05:00:59 UTC 2013

Hello Kumar,

Below, client1 and client2 are depending on sip server(proxy say) as they
are not known to each other,so flow will be

client1-invite -------->sip server-invite--------->client2
.
.
.

client1 <---------------200OK-sip server<---------200ok-client2

As client1 now familiar with client2's ip address in 200ok,it sends ACK
directly to client2 bypassing sip server.
client1 -ACK ------------------------------------------>client2
                           RTP
<---------------------------------------------------------->
client1-BYE--------------------------------------------->client2

To avoid such bypass,sip server should add Record-route header ,so that it
can be till the session ends.....
client1-ACK----------->sip server-ACK------------->client2

                        RTP

client1-BYE----------->sip server-BYE------------->client2