[SIPForum-discussion] What is request/response stateless/stateful

Sam Cao yortion at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:36:22 UTC 2013

Yes, if an UAS has a state machine to maintain every dialogs, and send
out/process valid request/response upon current state, it is stateful;
otherwise, if server just transparently forward any response/request message
to another endpoint, and don't care it is valid or invalid, it is stateless.

Please refer to section 8.2.7 of RFC 3261 for more details. Wish this is
clear for you, Khoa.

Sam