[SIPForum-discussion] Query Regarding SIP Registration

Sebastian Hauret seba.hauret at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 13:53:31 UTC 2013

It can be possible to define heartbeats (at network, transport or
application layer) in some situations to detect if some IP phone or SIP
trunk is reacheable but it is related to implementation.

As far as I know, on normal behaviour until reach "registration expiration"
time or until Phone A sends REGISTER with "Expires = 0" (UNREGISTER),
registrar server considered that Phone A is reacheable on application layer.

Seba