[SIPForum-discussion] Issue to use Tag

sunil singh sunilsingh_test at yahoo.in
Sun Sep 30 16:51:41 UTC 2012

Tag is for UA (user agent) to identify the trasaction.Branch is for first hop i.e. sip proxy or sip server. if you have a phone with multiple lines that time tag is usefull so that phone identify the tag in the transaction.

by RFC section 19.3  "This is needed in order for a UA to  invite itself to a session, a common case for "hairpinning" of calls
   in PSTN gateways.  Similarly, two INVITEs for different calls will  have different From tags, and two responses for different calls will
   have different To tags.
"

Thanks,
Sunil