[SIPForum-discussion] Issue to use Tag

Santosh Iyer spi6281 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 13:33:48 UTC 2012

>From a system perspective from-tag, to-tag and call-id define a unique dialog. Please refer to RFC 3261 section 12 "Dialogs". Pasted excerpt of the same
A dialog is identified at each UA with a dialog ID, which consists of
   a Call-ID value, a local tag and a remote tag.  The dialog ID at each
   UA involved in the dialog is not the same.  Specifically, the local
   tag at one UA is identical to the remote tag at the peer UA.  The
   tags are opaque tokens that facilitate the generation of unique
   dialog IDs.
Santosh