[SIPForum-discussion] 408 Request Timeout on INVITE

chandrasekhara.madduri at wipro.com chandrasekhara.madduri at wipro.com
Thu Sep 20 08:58:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

This comes from the proxy when there is no response for the method sent upstream from the proxy within the timer for the session. The following could be the reasons.

1) The callee/end point to be reached provisioned in the switch might be set on passive mode and not responding to any call

2) The switch does not do get any proper information about the location info of the end point after query.You may check if the location query for the end point is successful

3) There might be some issue with network and the response did not reach the originating side before the session timer in the proxy expired

Looking at the trace or some logs would give some idea and share them if u have any..

Thanks & regards,
Chandra Madduri
Sent: den 19 september 2012 17:29
To: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] 408 Request Timeout on INVITE

Hi all

I'm wondering if you would be able to give me some advice, I'm trying to write an app that sets up a call between my end point (softphone) and another end point registered on the switch.

Basically the call goes like this:

1. I send INVITE from my end point via a SIP proxy to the called number (5052 at domain.com<mailto:5052 at domain.com>) the SIP proxy then sends me back a 100 TRYING

2. The SIP proxy sends the INVITE on behalf of me to the Switch that the called end point is registered on

3, A 408 Request Timeout is sent immediately back from the SIP Proxy to me (the caller).

4. I ACK the timeout and tear down the call.

The strange thing is that the SIP session ladder shows the 408 Timeout from the Proxy go to a step named (Error) instead of me the calling end point.

The only error I can see in the logs is "SIP Signaling Error" 408 Request Timeout.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20120920/e57b6544/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list