[SIPForum-discussion] 408 Request Timeout on INVITE

chandrasekhara.madduri at wipro.com chandrasekhara.madduri at wipro.com
Thu Sep 20 08:58:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

This comes from the proxy when there is no response for the method sent upstream from the proxy within the timer for the session. The following could be the reasons.

1) The callee/end point to be reached provisioned in the switch might be set on passive mode and not responding to any call

2) The switch does not do get any proper information about the location info of the end point after query.You may check if the location query for the end point is successful

3) There might be some issue with network and the response did not reach the originating side before the session timer in the proxy expired

Looking at the trace or some logs would give some idea and share them if u have any..

Thanks & regards,
Chandra Madduri