[SIPForum-discussion] Call Hold , How to validate during call Hold our session is alive?

Abhisek Acharya abhisek.acharya at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 04:11:28 UTC 2012

Hi Sonu,

Let us assume you put a call on hold.UAC sends a RE-INVITE with modified
sdp body and UAS replies with a 200 OK and call goes on a hold.The only way
to identify if the session is alive or not is the Session-Refresher
mechanism which is widely used to check the session integrity.This is a way
where mid-dialog refresher requests will go to just verify if the seeion is
alive or not.For example a UPDATE message with a session-Expiry
header,Min-SE and refrehsre header which in turn will be acknowledged by
the UAS.

Few parameters like Supported:timer in the initial INVITE and Require:timer
in the 200 OK response is mandatory to kick-off the Sessio-Refresher
mechanism.Please let me know if you have any problem in this.

Regards
Abhisek Acharya
GSLAB,PUNE