[SIPForum-discussion] 18x not received after 100 try

Abhisek Acharya abhisek.acharya at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 04:55:57 UTC 2012

Hey Prashant,

18x message is always generated by the called party user agent.The 18x
response might be anything like 180,181,182,183,etc.If the called party
user agent does not generate the 18x response then its a definite problem
at the called party user agent.

Things that you need to look after or check.

1.If the INVITE is reaching the destination user agent?
2.If the INVITE is reaching to the called party destination then if the
phone originally rings or not.
3.If the phone rings then there MUST be a 18x response coming from the
called party user agent.
4.Also you need to see isnt the 18x getting lost in the transit by any
chance?

Please lemme know if this helps or not.

regards
abhisek