[SIPForum-discussion] No SDP in Response for OPTIONS with Accept: application/sdp

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Oct 13 08:22:30 UTC 2012

11 okt 2012 kl. 11:57 skrev Pranav Damele <pranavdamele at gmail.com>:

> Hello Everybody ,
>
> What should my client do if it sends a capability query via OPTIONS with
> Accept: application/sdp
> and in reply it gets 200 OK without SDP in the message body.
>
> I would really appreciate if you may point your answer with reference to a RFC or Specification (IMS etc.)

Accept just indicates what your application supports, it's not a request.

RFC 3261 says:

20.1 Accept

   The Accept header field follows the syntax defined in [H14.1].  The
   semantics are also identical, with the exception that if no Accept
   header field is present, the server SHOULD assume a default value of
   application/sdp.

RFC 2616, Section 14.1 says:

14.1 Accept

   The Accept request-header field can be used to specify certain media
   types which are acceptable for the response.

/O