[SIPForum-discussion] Reg: in case of 3 call manager how to identify Invite request is for which call manager?

Keyur Amin fossil0681 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 22:10:18 UTC 2012

1)How call manager will come to know the INVITE request is for which call manger?
- The call will get routed to the call manager based on the Request URI of the SIP Invite.

2)INVITE request will go to all 3 call manager or  not?
- It can, but you would need a SIP proxy/server in front of the three call managers to achieve this, but not sure what the point would be.

3)If INVITE will go to all 3 call manager and INVITE is not for 2 call manager for sure, How these 2 call manager will respond to INVITE?
-Same as 2nd answer, you would need some sort of SIP Proxy/server that would cancel the other 2 INVITEs.

4)Getting 2 failure response from 2 call managers and 1 successful response from 1 call manager, How the UAC(Phone) will behave?
-A SIP client will/cant send 3 INVITEs to 2 different proxies for the same call.

Thanks,
Keyur Amin

we are testing a product which will convert normal phone into IP Phone. Consider there are 3 call manager(cisco,Avaya,Broadsoft) is connected to this DUT.

DUT contains 16 port to which we can attach Phones. Consider one phone which is connected to this DUT is sending an INVITE to 2nd phone via 3 Call manager.

So my question is:-

1)How call manager will come to know the INVITE request is for which call manger?

2)INVITE request will go to all 3 call manager or  not?

3)If INVITE will go to all 3 call manager and INVITE is not for 2 call manager for sure, How these 2 call manager will respond to INVITE?

4)Getting 2 failure response from 2 call managers and 1 successful response from 1 call manager, How the UAC(Phone) will behave?

If i am not clear in the meaning then please let me know.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Regards,
Michael