[SIPForum-discussion] 183 response code

sunil singh sunilsingh_test at yahoo.in
Mon Oct 1 05:03:03 UTC 2012

There are two things.

1. Generation of 183 message.

if INVITE doesnot have SUPPORT header for option-tag 100REL, 183 can not be generate. Response of the 183 message is based on the Require header with option-tag 100rel in the 183.

2. Generation of 183 with SDP.(there is not mandetory condition that 183 should have sdp ALWAYS)

183 message send SDP is must if INVITE does not has SDP.  in this condition PRACK should have SDP.

Thanks,
Sunil