[SIPForum-discussion] IPSec-SIP integration

Thomas Lentz LENTZ at de.ibm.com
Thu May 31 18:18:45 UTC 2012

Hi Dhar,
the IPSEC security idea for IMS is probably as old as the first IMS idea.
The (internet) world has gone a different way (SIP over TLS and SRTP). If
I can't hold you back to break your neck with IPSec (it just doesn't scale
for carrier platforms) you can try the Mercuro client. This client is the
most advanced IMS client I came across, before abondonning interest in the
mobile carriers' SIP fantasy (IMS).
Unfortunately it seems the project hasn't paid of, so they stopped the
development 2 years ago - but I still use it to verify IMS functions of
our platform.

http://imsclient.blogspot.de/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Thomas Lentz

Senior IT Architect
Global Business Services
NGN Competence Center (www.ngn-factory.com)

Phone:
+49-69-90551-137
 IBM Deutschland

Mobile:
+49-175-2232071
 Wilhelm-Fay-Str. 30-34
E-Mail:
lentz at de.ibm.com
 65936 Frankfurt

 Germany

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke,Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940