[SIPForum-discussion] Placement of "cic" Field in Request URI

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 21:45:54 UTC 2012

RFC 4694 defines the cic parameter as a tel URI parameter. Per 3261 when
converting from tel URI to sip URI all tel URI parameters become userinfo
parameters.
Note, the user=phone parameter indicates that this is a sip URI derived from a
tel URI.

Section 4. of 4694 provides the cic parameter.
Section 19.1.6 of 3261 details the conversion from tel to sip

tel:62450000000022;cic=+15050

becomes

sip:62450000000022;cic=+15050 at example.com;user=phone

Stephen James
sjames_1958 at yahoo.com

We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any
nobility must be earned.