[SIPForum-discussion] Creation of INVITE in Sailfin throws an Exception

Hemant Kumar uniqhemant at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 15:17:39 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I am facing a weired issue with sailfin while creating a new INVITE message
from a SIP Servlet listener's *servletInitialized* method using below API -

*createRequest(appSession, "INVITE", fromAddress, toAddress)*

My expectation is - the INVITE should be created once the deployment of
application hosting the servlet is complete (the servlet is defined as
load-on-startup).

This works as expected when I just deploy the application without
restarting the sailfin. But on restart of sailfin when my application tries
to create the INVITE it fails with following exception -

*Error starting web context
StandardEngine[com.sun.appserv].StandardHost[server].StandardContext[/presence]
on virtual server server** *

**
* *

*java.lang.NullPointerException*
* *

**
* *

*            at
com.ericsson.ssa.sip.DialogManager.getSipOrSipsURI(DialogManager.java:386)
            at
com.ericsson.ssa.sip.DialogManager.addContact(DialogManager.java:176)
            at
com.ericsson.ssa.sip.SipFactoryImpl.createRequestImpl(SipFactoryImpl.java:297)
            at
com.ericsson.ssa.sip.SipFactoryImpl.createRequest(SipFactoryImpl.java:175)
            at
com.ericsson.ssa.sip.SipFactoryImpl.createRequest(SipFactoryImpl.java:324)
            at
com.ericsson.ssa.config.SipFactoryFacade.createRequest(SipFactoryFacade.java:169)
*
*<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21043_01/apirefs.1111/e17883/javax/servlet/sip/SipFactory.html#createRequest_javax_servlet_sip_SipApplicationSession__java_lang_String__javax_servlet_sip_Address__javax_servlet_sip_Address_>
*
Regards,
Hemant