[SIPForum-discussion] Query related to RFC 5626 implementation

Amit Baxi amitbaxi777 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:29:11 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I am implementing RFC 5626 (Managing Client-Initiated Connections in the
Session Initiation Protocol) for registrar application and I have a query:-

*If the same contact is registered through multiple flows i.e. with
different reg-id (in contact header field parameter), there will be
multiple bindings in the location service for same contact URI (possibly,
with different expires).*

* *

*Now, suppose a regular REGISTER request (as defined in RFC 3261) is
received for the same contact URI, how will we process it? Do we need to
update all bindings for that contact ? Or remove all existing binding and
just keep the new one or something else?*

Please give your valuable feedback for this.

Thanks and Regards,

*Amit Baxi*

Member of Technical Staff

*AGNITY India Pvt Ltd*.