[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Forking: UAC cancels CALL; call-flow?

Stephen James sjames_1958 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 16:16:55 UTC 2012

I assume that you are not doing the forking, but a downstream forking proxy.
Per RFC 3261 the CANCEL is sent to the same location as the INVITE, so only one
CANCEL should be sent.

The destination address, port, and transport for the CANCEL MUST be identical to
those used to send the original request.
Also,

The following procedures are used to construct a CANCEL request.  The
Request-URI, Call-ID, To, the numeric part of CSeq, and From header    fields in
the CANCEL request MUST be identical to those in the    request being cancelled,
including tags.

Since the To header has the same tags as the INVITE (no tag) then there wouldn't
be

any way to address the individual early dialogs.

Stephen James
sjames_1958 at yahoo.com

We are not princes of the earth, we are the descendants of worms, and any
nobility must be earned.