[SIPForum-discussion] Use case for changing contact with re-invite

karthik ayatha.karthik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:43:08 UTC 2012

Hi ,

In general user(A) may have more than one UE behind the SBC with different
ips .To transfer the call from one UE to another UE(which belongs to this
SBC) we use re-invites or REFER .If your SBC Sits on the edge of Private
and Public nerworks or SBC acts as B2BUA then it wont send these re-invites
and Refer methods to USER (B).

Thanks,
Karthik.

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM, seshagiri <seshgirik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> In sip what is the use case for the scenario  to change the contact ip
>  with re-invite after the session establishes ?
>
> The scenario is
>
> A calls B through SBC which is B2BUA.
> After session establishes A sends re-invite to SBC with new-contact and
> receives 200 OK.
> This re-invite is not relayed to UA B.
>
> Now B sends BYE , SBC receives and send it to the new contact of A and
> receives 200 OK.
> This scenario is working fine , but  what is the use case for this ?
> i could not able to undrestand it.
>
> A -----INVITE---------->SBC -------INVITE------------>B
> A< -----200--------------SBC< ------------200------------B
> A -----ACK----------->-SBC ----------ACK------------>B
> A -----re-INVITE(New contact)--------->-SBC
>
> A< -------200-----------SBC
> A -----ACK------------->SBC
> A <-----BYE(to new contact of A)----------SBC< -------BYE------------B
>

> In real-time scenario what is the use of changing the contact with
> re-invite ?
> i think if UA using DHCP and is going to change IP after
> session establishment , in this case it might send re-invite with new
> contact , is this correct ?
>
> Pl share your views.
>

> Regards
> Sesh

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life
in your years."
*- Abraham Lincoln*
* *