[SIPForum-discussion] ACME Packet Net-Net 4500 Help

Randy Mills rmills at aeneas.net
Mon Jan 23 16:07:47 UTC 2012

Hello everyone.  I hate to join the discussion list and start off with such a very difficult question, but I am officially struggling with an issue with my ACME packet that I was hoping someone could lend some help on.

We currently already have an ACME Packet Net-Net 4500 Session Director in place and programmed to work for simple SIP registrations/nat traversal/switch protection.  However, I have an opportunity coming up in that I will be connecting a SIP Trunk from the ACME packet to Verizon for off network SIP traffic.  I have programmed the ACME packet to how I believe it should be programmed but when I try to pass a call from my Metaswitch VP3510 down the SIP Trunk terminating to the ACME packet the ACME packet immediately returns back a 403 URI not recognized.

Testing the local policies inside the ACME shows a successful route to the correct outside interface which connects to Verizon, however the problem appears to be on the setup of the call.

I would be more than happy to send any relevant programming if it would help get lead me in a direction of solving this.

Again sorry for starting off with such a difficult issue.  And I would GREATLY appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks.

Randy Mills
Telecommunications Switch Manager
Aeneas Communications, LLC