[SIPForum-discussion] What all the SIP error codes can be sent before 180 ringing and after 180 ringing.

Rudra Kant Kanth rudra.k1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:31:16 UTC 2012

Hi Aniella,

I was curious, what would happen in a situation when UAS is ready to answer
the call but has a Voice-Mail configured for it. So, assuming after 3 or 4
riings, the call should go to the VM. In such a case, wouldn't there be a
180 Ringing and then, a 3xx Redirect; thereafter this transaction would be
closed and finally a new INVITE being sent to the VM?
I couldn't test it immediately to see what all the messages are exchanged,
so thought of asking.

Regards,
Rudra