[SIPForum-discussion] Acme Packet 2600 sip-manipulation

Martin Thorpe martinjasonthorpe at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:43:30 UTC 2011

Hi all

First post to this list so hey to everyone and enjoy reading the discussions
on here all very informative! cheers

I was hoping someone might be able to help with an urgent issue we are
experiencing with an Acme Packet 2600  SBC, the issue I am  experiencing is
as follows:

1.      Call comes in via external SIP trunk to APKT SBC

2.      SBC forwards call to an IVR platform (voice recognition // prompt)

3.      During IVR prompt caller asks to be transferred to an agent

4.      IVR sends REFER back to APKT SBC in order to facilitate the transfer
of the call in progress

5.      SBC then needs to apply SIP manipulation to the REFER as follows:

A)     Store the user-to-user tag contained in the Refer-to header in the
SIP REFER message received from the IVR platform and make the data part of
the existing uri-user data.

B)     Edit the SIP INVITE generated by the APKT SBC and deletes the
appended UUI data from the following:

Request-URI // To // Route headers

C)     Lastly, the HMR adds a User-to-User header with the UUI data.

I have configured a sip-manipulation-pool with what I believe are the
relevant steps but the HMR is not applied - I see no evidence of this in the
call audit steps or SIP traces, it does not even look like the SBC tries to
apply the rule - maybe I need to enable tracing?

I have applied the sip-manipulation-pool to the relevant
“session-config-pool” entry under “header-settings” but it is not applied.

Rules that I added:

*config session-config-pool*

  config entry ToTelco

   config to-uri-specification

    set host next-hop

   return

   config from-uri-specification

    set host local-ip

   return

   config request-uri-specification

    set host next-hop

   return

   config p-asserted-identity-uri-specification

    set host local-ip

   return

  return

  config entry ToPBX

   config sip-settings

   return

   config to-uri-specification

    set host next-hop

   return

   config request-uri-specification

    set host next-hop-domain

   return

   config forking-settings

    set outbound-arbiter-rule weighted-round-robin

   return

   *config header-settings*

*    set sip-manipulation vsp\sip-manipulation-pool\sip-manipulation IVR-HMR
*

   return

  return

  config entry Discard

   config sip-directive

   return

  return

return

config sip-manipulation-pool

  config sip-manipulation IVR-HMR

   config header-rule Store_UserToUser

    set header-name User-to-User

    set action store

    set method REFER

   return

   config header-rule UUI

    set method INVITE

    config element-rule Request-URI

     set parameter-name User-to-User

     set action delete-element

    return

    config element-rule To

     set parameter-name User-to-User

     set action delete-element

    return

    config element-rule Route

     set parameter-name Route

     set action delete-element

    return

    config element-rule Add-User-to-User

     set parameter-name User-to-User

     set action add

     set new-value $Store_UserToUser

    return

   return

  return

Please note that the 3800+ appears to have a different command set so any
docs on this dont seem to apply here to the 2600.

Thanks guys would very much appreciate any tips // info on where I am going
wrong