[SIPForum-discussion] SIP call forwarding and charges management

Rohan Almeida almeida.rohan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 04:49:18 UTC 2011

Hi ,

1>party 'A' has every right to know that the call is being forwarded.

2> when call is being diverted a SIP header 'diversion header' will be added
to the SIP message.
This header will tell which party has diverted the call.
The CDRs generated by the softswitch will include this information.
The Billing system will be responsible to charge party 'B' for the call leg
corresponding to the forwarded call.
Party 'A' will be charged for the call to party 'B'.

regards,
Rohan Almeida