[SIPForum-discussion] different ptime for different codec

Perttu Ahvenainen mosseahvenainen at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:40:56 UTC 2011

Hello,

Order codecs in m-line from left to right so that highest priority is in the
left. In you example below priority order is 1. G729 2. PCMU 3. PCMA.
etc.....

I found a draft that is dealing with this ptime issue but it seems that it
is still a draft. So at the moment ptime is aa common parameter for all
media formats in m-line.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-garcia-mmusic-multiple-ptimes-problem-03

-Perttu Ahvenainen