[SIPForum-discussion] different ptime for different codec

siddharth sharma sid77sharma77 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 04:20:11 UTC 2011

Hi Forum,

I have one scenario here. In SDP, I have configured single "m=" line, with
different codec. below that I am having different a= lines, which explains
codec information.
for eg.
m=audio xxxx RTP/AVP 18 0 8 4
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:4 G723/1/8000
a=ptime:20ms

when call will get answered with any codec, ptime will be taken as 20ms.
Every codec has their own ptime. So I want to configure different ptime for
different codec. I also need to configure different priority for different
codec in same SDP.

Can somebody suggest how to configure SDP in this case?

Regards,
Siddharth Sharma