[SIPForum-discussion] Offer Answer Model

Raghul Prasanna raghul82 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 20 13:40:30 UTC 2011

HI Cesar,

I did some investigation myself and here is the snippet from RFC 3264 - Offer Answer model for SDP

 For each "m=" line in the offer, there MUST be a corresponding "m="
   line in the answer.  The answer MUST contain exactly the same number
   of "m=" lines as the offer.  This allows for streams to be matched up
   based on their order.  This implies that if the offer contained zero
   "m=" lines, the answer MUST contain zero "m=" lines.

This seems to be contradicting what you have just said, or I am I getting it wrong?

Raghul