[SIPForum-discussion] Number of Channels in PRi

Proefrock, Andreas (Andreas) andreas.proefrock at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu May 19 17:48:16 UTC 2011

Tapender,

Channel 0 is used for synchronisation and Channel 16 for signalling. Please note also, that a PRI structured like you described it uses Channel 16 for all bearer channels.

You need to commission and use channel 16 signalling information, even if you stay in your network. Useful information can be found at ETSI Q-point signalling and ISDN PRI specifications at L1/L2/L3 for Europe.

Hope this will help you.

Andreas
Andreas Proefrock
Alcatel-Lucent EMEA Global Sales