[SIPForum-discussion] question on PRACK

Howell, Tod tod.howell at healthways.com
Thu May 12 02:48:37 UTC 2011

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3262.txt

http://excelsupport.dialogic.com/imgpubs/webhelp/Description/SIP/sip_prack.htm

I sent these links to someone on this forum last week.  I had this issue with a service provider IVR.  The isdn q931 message was stopping at in "band information available" and from call manager, continued to hear ringing.  The last sip message sent to call manager was provisional response 183.  In this case, it needed to be delivered reliably due to a security feature in IVR.  I had to enable prack in my sip profile in my call manager sip trunk to guarantee reliable response to provisional sip responses.  Above is a link to the ietf, and a nice over view and explanation.

Good luck!!