[SIPForum-discussion] question on PRACK

Garron, James jgarron at sonusnet.com
Thu May 12 02:53:46 UTC 2011

There is nothing wrong with sending multiple reliable 18x messages.  The 183 is simply a progress message, say in the case the peer sent an INVITE that was responded to with a 300, in this case it could return a 183 send INVITE to the first contact and then send 180 ring when that is received.

Did the 180 Ringing contain Rquired 100Rel?  If not the SBC could be rejecting as it has already received the 183 the Required 100Rel.  Are there any logs that you can share.