[SIPForum-discussion] Media format in SDP

sunitha r sunitha.samiksha at gmail.com
Tue May 10 07:21:00 UTC 2011

Hello Amit,
I belive media format is something like media encoding/ decoding  rate which
we specify in SDP of the INVITE.
You can also say "media payloads" for this meadia formats. These payloads
can  either be  Dynamic or static payloads. Static payloads vary from 0-95
and anything greater than 95 and less than/equal to 127  will fall under
dynamic payloads.
For more details please find the attachment.

With respect to Codec negotioation,only matched codecs (between codecs
configured on your application and codes specified in your INVITE(coming
from network) )will be selected in the process of
codec negotioataion .....If there is a dissimilarity between the codecs your
codec negotiona has to fail... saying something like this "no matched codec
found"......

Regards,
Sunitha.R