[SIPForum-discussion] Transcoding devices in VOIP

Sam u2nsam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 05:01:57 UTC 2011

Hello,

Trancoding at carrier level would not be a good idea if not implement
properly as it is going to use the resources,
many do transcoding but it would be a good idea to implement a separate box
for transcoding and use a filter
mechanism where in you will send only the calls with unavailable codecs to
the box to transcode, cpu will also
will take a tole at higher traffic depending upon the dsp resource you are
using & capacity of the device.

Regards
Sam