[SIPForum-discussion] Transcoding devices in VOIP

David Wells dwells at ctgsolutions.com
Thu Jul 14 13:24:21 UTC 2011

Everyone is correct you have to have the hardware DSP's to provide true
transcoding and with that said if you are using the transcoding  in either a
SBC or Softswitch configuration you can maximize the transcoding channels by
pointing only the traffic that needs to be transcoded seamlessly. If you
were to use the transcoding in a stand- alone configuration chances are you
would induce added  delay and increase complexity in another stand-alone box
that would require additional programming.

Just my 2 cents,

David S. Wells
Direct : 703-579-0133
Cell: 703-943-6229