[SIPForum-discussion] Transcoding devices in VOIP

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Wed Jul 13 17:50:59 UTC 2011

He said he didn't want to do it on the SBC, so the Sonus 5200 is out of the question.  Cisco CUBE is technically a B2BUA (SBC) so nothing changes there either, plus it requires DSP modules for transcoding.  I guess the question I have is why wouldn't you want to do it on the SBC?  Then your options are wide open.